Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day 23!

Today, Alex and I got to go to Danson house. It was built in 1766, and for the past 12 years, I have gotten to see it from the outside. You see, this house is on the property that the park is on that I take the kids to. It is also one of the first places that Gareth and I walked when we were first dating and he brought me here. They have been restoring it, and it is now it is finally open to the public.

I was so excited, as I have researched it and could have told you tons about it before even going in. We got an individual tour, yeah me with the zeal and American accent. Alex was thrilled to see the servants steps, and secret hallways that the servants would have used.

We ended up having lunch at the "stables" restaurant. Yes, that used to be the stables for the house that is now been converted in to a restaurant. All in all, Alex and I had a good afternoon out!!

This evening was a bit rough. As we were playing out back, the boys collided and Liam got a huge bump on his head. OUCH! The kids were a bit difficult to get to bed as well, so I am a bit wound up and moody this evening. Not too bad if this is the first time this month that this has happened I guess. I will survive:0) I am off to read a book and try and get some shut eye!!

Tomorrow is still up in the air, I just hope that the rain stays away!!! It has been so cold and rainy here. That may have something to do with my mood today too;0)

2 comments:

Reba said...

I still am so impressed if this is your first "moody" day. It is hard to be a "single" mom in a different place on a different routine. It sounds like you had a fun day anyway!

Bonnie said...

Happy Birthday, hope it is a good one. Can't believe that you all are having your birthdays in England. Hey, wasn't yesterday Day 23, but whose counting. Have a great birthday and we will celebrate when you get home, all the birthdays. Love you all, Mom and Dad


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones